Tuesday, August 6, 2013

HOLA DE OREGON

Olloooo!
My favorite line from Alex's emails: "Time's short. Will write more later."

Well...time's a bit short, and I will have to write more later...

We went to coast and Tillamook today as a zone and we had a spiritual thought on the beach! PERFECT weather. Saw Haystack rock again. Felt like we were in the Goonies. Ate some ice cream. yum. Ate some cheese. bigger YUM! I <3 Oregon.

The work is very very very very very slowly progressing. We've been having a hard time finding investigators. The ones we find are never there for their appointments, or aren't interested, or just plain reject us. They are all very nice and don't want to hurt our feelings and so they tell us to come back later because we caught them at a bad time...but I know with persistance and faith, someone will follow through for us and it will be ALL worth it. :)

A random teensy miracle happen this week. We randomly decided to go street contacting. We went to a hispanic family's garage sale, and we talked with them a bit in Spanish. The man told us his sister was actually a member, and that she'd be the next day to help with the garage sale and to help cook tamales that they will be selling. (He and his whole family are catholics; the catholic church is LITERALLY just across the street from them). I don't believe in saying no to Mexican food, so my companion and I came over the next day and sure enough she was there!!! We were excited. The tamales were already sold out though, which was slightly depressing but we were still excited. The pizza they offered us sufficed. Aaanyway we talked with her...okay, I talked with her because my companera is still learning Spanish haha (but it's funny she understood more of the lady's Spanish than me because she's from TX and was used to hearing it a lot! so we had a weird, translating circle going on...sometimes I wish my ears worked properly). We told her of our goal to set up this new branch, and she was SO HAPPY! She has been going to the Hillsboro Spanish ward (the nearest Spanish ward) which was 20 minutes away from her, because she can't speak or understand English. She said if we started the branch, she and her husband and kids would jump over in a heartbeat. Boom.

One lady and her family interested. I consider this a miracle because this made a much needed reboot for me. Getting stood up a lot these past couple of weeks takes a toll on you, so now I am more determined than ever to progress the work.

In the scriptures, at the end of Mormon, it talks about how God is a God of miracles. Afterwards it says "Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."

If we strengthen our faith and try with all our heart to doubt nothing, miracles will come to us. It is a promise, and the Lord is bound to what he says when we are obedient. Obedience brings blessings, exact obedience brings miracles.

30 secs left gotta go love you all
hermana blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment