Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Changes

Alohhha.

So. My trainer/companion Sister Reeder was transferred today...it's only been 6 weeks, and they usually train for 12. Gulp. I'll be getting a new companion this afternoon, but I will be staying in Cornelius, Oregon! ...at least for the next 6 weeks. Who knows what will happen. 

I love Sister Reeder and I will miss her dearly. She has truly taught me what it means to be brave and to love the work. I can't be too sad, though, because I know the Lord knows that someone else needs a pretty and bold girl from Texas a little more than I do!

Inline image 1

Not only is my companion leaving but so is the sun...it gets a little bit cloudier each and every day. A little wetter, too. I'm kinda excited to see what all this talk is about with all the rain! (be careful what I wish for, right?)

I don't have a lot time to email due to all the companion craziness. But I've been blessed to have been able to stay in this fantastic ward and to have had such an amazing companion. She will do great things. Once again, I know that each of us are called to where we are supposed to be. There is no such thing as coincidence, no such thing as luck or chance. That goes for anything and with anyone - not just with a missionary. There are people you are supposed to meet and love and learn from. There are places that you have to go, things you have to do, people you will have to miss. Yes, there are trials that you have to encounter, and endure and overcome. Knowingly or unknowingly, these are the tests in life that will make us grow closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. When it comes to life, they are not the shiny light at the end of the tunnel. They are not only here for us when the harsh winds and waves of life have gone away. They are the light that carries us THROUGH the tunnel, when the tunnel is most dark, and the winds are most fierce.

3 Nephi 15:9
"Behold, I am the law, and the light. Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I give eternal life."

Remember, everything works out in the end. If hasn't worked out yet, it's not the end! Isn't that great? Haha anyway, I wish you all a happy and wonderful week!

Hermana Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment