Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter + birthday pictures






I'm so very grateful for this Easter season and this time to really ponder about Christ and His atoning sacrifice. But I hope we can all remember that Christ should always be on our minds and in our hearts regardless what time of year! :)
The Atonement of Jesus Christ includes three parts:
His suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane,
His crucifixion on the cross, and
His resurrection from the dead.

Garden of Gethsemane:
He bled from every pore, suffered absolute anguish, so that we would not have to suffer like He had, that we would have happiness, and joy, and second chances, and new beginnings. As perfectly phrased by Elder Bednar, “there is no physical pain, no spiritual wound, no anguish of soul or heartache, no infirmity or weakness you or I ever confront in mortality that the Savior did not experience first."
Crucifixion on the cross:
To quote C.S. Lewis: "[God] has infinite attention to spare for each one of us. He does not have to deal with us in the mass. You are as much alone with Him as if you were the only being He had ever created. When Christ dies, He died for you individually just as much as if you had been the only man [or woman] in the world." Christ has infinite love for each and every one us. Because He died we are able to repent and become "as white as snow." And this infinite sacrifice was made for every person that ever lived, lives and will live on the Earth.

Resurrection from the dead:
Because He overcame death, so can each and every one of us. No matter what we have done in this life, the promise of the resurrection for each of God's children will come to pass. We will one day have a body complete and without blemish or flaw. What a gift. That means I won't have to wear my hearing aids anymore, I won't need subtitles, and maaaaybe I'd be able to learn Spanish!


I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He lives, and I know that His love is real and without end; it is infinite.
  
Hope you had a wonderful Easter! Love you all.

Hermana Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment