Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Welcome, welcome Hermana Cardon dear!

Sorry....time's short.
 
My new companion is.............. Hermana Cardon! She came out to Oregon the same time as me and has been serving in West Salem. She is from Orem, Utah and went to Weber State for 3 years for radiology! She is THE sweetest person you will ever meet. AND she laughs at my jokes. 
 
Hannah* our investigator came to church again! In her own words, she said, "I felt something this time...much stronger than last time, during the special musical number! it was such a great feeling." I assured it was the Spirit. We're so excited to teach her this Tuesday!
 
We also taught Dave*, Delilah*'s man, on Saturday and invited him to baptism. He said yes! We didn't list a date yet, but he came to church the next day, all 3 hours, and had told Delilah that maybe the reason why she had come into his life was that so he "could become closer to God too."
 
We got to go the mission home last night because all the visa waiters are leaving this week, including Hermana Sorensen. I LOVE my mission president and his wife. We are plainning a reunion in 3 years in their home in Alpine!
 
Hermana Sorensen has become one of my closest friends. This transfer has gone fast, too fast...I will miss her terribly, but it would be selfish of me to not be happy for her. Her powerful testimony and her willingness to work hard will get her FAR in Argentina. I can't believe how close we've become, and I know if she continues to give to others even an INCH of the love, patience, and kindness she has shown me, she WILL be one of the most powerful of the Lord's missionaries.
 
Sorry to end on a cheesy note, buuuut I'm a missionary so I can pull it off.
 
Con mucho amor,
 
Hermana Blanchard

*names have been changed

No comments:

Post a Comment