Monday, January 6, 2014

Seeds

Remember how I served my first three transfers in a little town called Cornelius?

While I was there, there was no Spanish branch, no place to take our investigators. I had spent many weeks with Hermana Sorensen and Hermana Cardon hunting down Spanish-speaking members and inviting them to assemble together to form a Spanish branch. I had left to come here to the northeast part of Salem, Oregon, serving in the Keizer 2nd Spanish branch.

Yesterday, President Aguiar called me and left a voice-mail telling me that the Cornelius Spanish "Ramita" (Little Branch) had its first sacrament meeting yesterday. 

He told me that all my efforts had finally paid off and that 52 members were present at the meeting. Hermana Cardon now has two people with a baptismal date. He wanted to thank me for all the work I put in for its preparation. "Los santos estan listos para trabajar y con firmes testimonios" ~ "The saints are ready to work and with firm testimonies," he said.

These are the kind of things that make your mission! It has been confirmed to me that no work is ever in vain. There are times on the mission and in life where you feel small or unimportant or insignificant or forgotten.

Alma 37:6-7

 6 ...but behold I say unto you, that by bsmall and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
 And the Lord God doth work by ameans to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very bsmall means the Lord dothcconfound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.
No effort is ever wasted. Through small (not grand, not ginormous, not perfect) means does God work about his eternal purposes. We are not always reaping the harvest, sometimes we are just planting a little seed for a future harvest.

I know with all my heart that Heavenly Father has a perfect plan for us. He doesn't do everything in our timing nor does He do everything exactly how we'd like Him too. He knows we will make mistakes. But He also knows we can make a difference. Even the smallest one. Never doubt that you have a role to play yet. There are plenty of hearts out there to touch, plenty of people out there to serve. We are all on this journey to come closer to Christ. 

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment